Jesus Christ Is God’s Son
1Long ago God spoke many times and in many ways to our ancestors through the prophets.2And now in these final days, he has spoken to us through his Son. God promised everything to the Son as an inheritance, and through the Son he created the universe.3The Son radiates God’s own glory and expresses the very character of God, and he sustains everything by the mighty power of his command. When he had cleansed us from our sins, he sat down in the place of honor at the right hand of the majestic God in heaven.4This shows that the Son is far greater than the angels, just as the name God gave him is greater than their names.
1. Within your family, who has had the greatest positive influence on you, and why?
2. Outside of your family, who has influenced you most positively?
3. Who is Christ and why did God need to send Him to us?
4. The writer says in Hebrews 1:2 (above), “And now in these final days, he has spoken to us through his Son.” What do you think the writer mean by “these final days”?
5. Why is Jesus far greater than the angels?
6. How do you want Christ to influence your life?